Brands Fitness | Supplements | Healthy | Lifestyles | Gaba
- Sustained Release – Amino SR
- Neurotransmitter Support
- Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid
- A Dietary Supplement
- Amino Acids
- Family Owned Since 1968
- GMP Quality Assured
Promote relaxation and a positive mental outlook with NOW GABA 750 mg Tablets. GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter, a substance that helps regulate the nervous system by inhibiting excitatory impulses, thereby helping to promote relaxation and ease nervous tension. GABA Sustained Release (Amino SR) Tablets allow for steady release and more gradual, sustained utilization.
Take 1 tablet daily as needed, preferably with juice or water on an empty stomach.
Hypromellose (cellulose), hydroxypropyl cellulose, calcium carbonate, stearic acid (vegetable source) and silicon dioxide.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
Natural color variation may occur in product.
This sustained release tablet is formulated for full release within 4 hours.
Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
Relaxation and immunity enhancement effects of γ‐Aminobutyric acid (GABA) administration in humans
The effect of orally administrated γ‐Aminobutyric acid (GABA) on relaxation and immunity during stress has been investigated in humans.
Two studies were conducted. The first evaluated the effect of GABA intake by 13 subjects on their brain waves. Electroencephalograms (EEG) were obtained after 3 tests on each volunteer as follows: intake only water, GABA, or L‐theanine. After 60 minutes of administration, GABA significantly increases alpha waves and decreases beta waves compared to water or L‐theanine.
These findings denote that GABA not only induces relaxation but also reduces anxiety. The second study was conducted to see the role of relaxant and anxiolytic effects of GABA intake on immunity in stressed volunteers.
Eight acrophobic subjects were divided into 2 groups (placebo and GABA). All subjects were crossing a suspended bridge as a stressful stimulus. Immunoglobulin A (IgA) levels in their saliva were monitored during bridge crossing.
Placebo group showed marked decrease of their IgA levels, while GABA group showed significantly higher levels. In conclusion, GABA could work effectively as a natural relaxant and its effects could be seen within 1 hour of its administration to induce relaxation and diminish anxiety. Moreover, GABA administration could enhance immunity under stress conditions.
Adham M. AbdouS. HigashiguchiK. HorieMujo KimH. HattaH. Yokogoshi
More than a feeling
Comprised of the brain and an intricate network of nerves and specialized nerve cells known as neurons, the nervous system is the command and control system for your entire body. Our ability to feel is the function most of us associate with the nervous system, but it’s actually responsible for much, much more.
In addition to feeling, your nervous system coordinates all actions you take, both voluntary and involuntary. It facilitates communication between various body systems by transmitting electrical impulses that serve as signals to and from the brain. It regulates numerous other vital body functions, such as your breathing and blood pressure.
There are two major components of the nervous system. The central nervous system is comprised of the brain and spinal cord. The peripheral nervous system is comprised of the vast network of nerves that connects the rest of your body to the central nervous system.
Maintaining a healthy nervous system
Just like every body system, your nervous system requires a healthy supply of staple nutrients such as vitamins and minerals to maintain normal, healthy structure and function.* In addition, there are a number of specialized nutrients and even herbs that can help support normal nervous system functions.*
- Lecithin – Lecithin is a natural, fatty substance that’s an integral component of cell membranes.* It’s comprised of various biochemicals including essential fatty acids, as well as phospholipids and phosphatides such as phosphatidyl choline and phosphatidyl serine. Phosphatidyl choline is a major component of the brain and nervous system.* (More About Lecithin and Phosphatides) (Lecithin, Sunflower Lecithin and all Nervous System Products)
- L-Theanine – L-Theanine is a unique amino acid found naturally in the tea plant (Camellia sinensis). L-Theanine promotes relaxation while maintaining alertness and promotes healthy cognitive function.* Researchers believe this relaxing effect may help L-Theanine support healthy vascular function as well.* (L-Theanine Powder, 100 mg Chewable, 100 mg Veg Capsule, 200 mg Veg Capsule)
- Kava Kava – Also known simply as kava, the kava kava plant (Piper methysticum) is found throughout the islands of the Pacific and has a long history of use by islanders. Kava has been traditionally used to support a healthy mood and relaxation.* The roots of the kava plant have naturally occurring substances called kavalactones that are believed to be responsible for this plant’s benefits. (Kava Kava Extract Liquid, 250 mg Veg Capsules)
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid) – GABA (powder, 750 mg veg capsules, 500 mg veg capsules, orange flavor chewable tablets) is a non-protein amino acid that is naturally produced in the body.* GABA is the brain’s main inhibitory neurotransmitter and healthy levels are associated with a relaxed mood.* GABA also plays a central role in regulating intercellular communication and normal cognition.*
The NOW® Difference
Since 1968 NOW has been empowering people to lead healthier lives with our comprehensive line of natural health products. We’ve built long-standing relations with the world’s best ingredient suppliers and we leverage these relationships to secure ingredients of superior quality.
And just like all NOW products, our nervous system support products are manufactured with our unwavering commitment to quality.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Scientific articles inserted on the website are exclusively for your learning.
The authors of scientific articles do not advertise Brands Fitness products and supplements.
Brands Fitness does not sell products and supplements. We only do advertisements.